Social Worker – Rangiora, Christchurch
Job Ref: 29923
If you genuinely want to make a real, positive impact on children’s lives, you’ll be glad to know that at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, they always come first.
What will you do?
Our team in Rangiora is looking for passionate social workers to help us achieve quality outcomes for tamariki, rangatahi, whānau, and the community through the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks.
A big part of your day will be meeting with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard. You will be completing assessments, creating plans, participating in family group conferences and partnering with other agencies and the community to get the best outcomes. Your tenacity to overcome everyday barriers and ability to drive positive outcomes will put you in good stead for this challenging yet hugely rewarding role.
Getting the best for our at most risk children and young people is not an easy job, but when you see the positive difference you can make – it is worth it.
What you will bring:
- A social work qualification recognised by the New Zealand SWRB or full registration with SWRB and ability to obtain an APC
- A full, clean valid driver licence
- Exceptional listening skills—able to hear what the child or young person has to say
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport with tamariki and rangatahi
- Well-developed critical thinking – you know how to gather information and make good evidence-based decisions
- A high degree of both verbal and written communication skills, as you will need to write court reports.
- A commitment to bi-cultural practice and a culturally responsive approach (a good understanding of Tikanga Māori is essential).
- Resilience and a caring nature with a positive “can do” attitude
- The flexibility to work an afterhours duty roster as required
If you genuinely care about providing children with the aroha and support they need early on in life and seeing the difference your work makes to our tamariki and rangatahi, apply now!
We can offer you:
- A competitive market salary
- On-going training and regular supervision to support you in achieving your personal and professional goals
- The opportunity to work in a passionate and rewarding role where you make a direct, positive impact on our community
- A bi-cultural practice approach with the opportunity to build relationships with community partners and stakeholders
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. Partnering for Outcomes is focused on building and supporting external providers to achieve great outcomes for children and young people.
How to apply:
Please apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are a current Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Lisa Calder on email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close: 16 September 2019.