Social Worker, Ranui Baptist Community Care, West Auckland
Ranui Baptist Community Care is looking for a social worker to support whānau in our transitional housing.
We are a faith-based Trust that cares for our local West Auckland community. As part of this role, you will be helping provide wrap around support to our whānau. This can include but not limited to providing crisis response, creating action plans for tenants, supporting people in matters relating to injustice and beneficiary issues, assessing whānau needs and placement into housing, provide supervision to staff, making sure standards are being kept and maintaining strong links with relevant organisations and agencies.
You will be working closely with our tenancy manager and housing navigator.
This is a part time position which will grow into full time.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified social worker who is registered with the social work registration board
- Experience working with beneficiaries and housing sector
- Have a heart for Aotearoa and honouring te tiriti
- A passion for seeing people flourish and succeed.
- Love God and love people
- Great people skills
- Strong personal and professional boundaries
- Experience working in people’s homes with a strong understanding of health & safety requirements.
- Strong computer skills
- Good at working in potential crisis situations
- Full New Zealand drivers’ license
- Gets excited at challenges
- Great at communication
- Flexible and can remain calm under pressure.
- Team player
If you think this sounds like you, please send through a cover letter with your CV explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org