Social Worker, Southland
Presbyterian Support Southland (PSS) is a Charitable Trust and is the largest social service and aged care provider in Southland.
PSS encompasses two service arms – Family Works, which offers a range of social services from counselling and social work support to buddy and parenting programmes, and Enliven, which provides care and services for the older generation.
We work to enable a positive and lasting change for everyone in our community and offer support services to people regardless of their beliefs, ethnicity or background.
An opportunity has arisen for a Social Worker to join our team to assist with the delivery of services that Family Works provides to families. This role provides individual and family casework, counselling and support for children, young people and their families using planned interventions to assist clients to develop their own resources and resolutions where appropriate.
Family Works offers a supportive work environment with great opportunities for training and development.
The role is for between 20 and 40 hours per week; hours may be negotiable for the right candidate.
Preferred applicants will have:
- A Social Workers Registration Board-recognised Social Work qualification, or be nearing completion of a SWRB-recognised Social Work qualification
- Be a Registered Social Worker or be eligible to become registered
- Experience in and passion for working with children, young people and families
- An understanding of and commitment to our responsibilities under the Treaty of Waitangi
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A current full clean New Zealand driver’s licence
Evidence of entitlement to work in New Zealand, and pre-employment checks, will be required.
All applications should be made online at pss.org.nz or by accessing a manual application form from 183 Spey Street, Invercargill.
Phone 03 211 8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the position description.
Applications for this position close at 4pm on Monday 3 February, 2020.