Social Worker, Specialist Palliative Care, West Auckland
Hospice West Auckland – He ra hou, he orange ngakau, living every moment.
We are based in the foothills of the Waitakere Ranges. Our beautiful, rugged coastline and tranquil native bush all lay a foundation for a community of diverse cultures and people that weave together to form the wonderful community that is West Auckland.
We provide compassionate palliative care for our communities, we are accountable to deliver the very best, we are respectful of all that holds true in life, we look for innovative ways to be in all that we do.
Pokohiwi Ki Te Pokohiwi – shoulder to shoulder, we walk alongside our patients and their families.
We are westies helping westies
Hospice West Auckland (HWA) is committed to delivering best practice holistic specialist palliative care services to patients and their family/whānau within our service. Having been a community-based service for over 30 years, we are known for our innovation and commitment to both health and psychosocial care and continue the expansion of these vital services.
Our interdisciplinary team of social workers, counsellors, therapists, and other allied health professionals and practitioners, plus our volunteer workforce, all weave together with our healthcare and medical teams, to provide the meaningful community services for which Hospice is best known.
Our team are professional, passionate and dedicated to providing best practice holistic palliative care services to our patients and their families/ whānau and carers.
About the role:
In line with our commitment to best practice holistic care, we are looking to employ an experienced NZ registered Social Worker full time (1 FTE) to ensure the Social (familial, support, placement, care) needs and psychological (mental and emotional) needs of our patients and their families are appropriately met.
You will be working predominately out in the community, with patients, and their families and whānau, in the richly diverse community of West Auckland.
If you are seeking meaningful and varied work, with diverse & changing psychosocial complexity, working with individuals, families and groups, then we want to hear from you. You don’t need to be a specialist in palliative care, and it’s not all about death and dying.
To be successful you will:
- Be a NZ Registered Social Worker
- Have previous social work experience in either a community and/or health related sector, palliative care experience (preferred but not essential)
- Be able to work autonomously and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary practice philosophy
- Be a passionate and professional ambassador for holistic care and HWA’s services
- Have a knowledge of community-based services, including experience in a multi-cultural and diverse socio-economic area
- Knowledge of PPPR (1998) legislation
- Knowledge of childcare and protection legislation (Vulnerable Children Act 2014)
- Knowledge and experience of family dynamics and relationship interactions between family members in times of stress
Days of work will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8am – 4.30pm, with the potential of occasional later shifts 10am – 6:30pm.
We will begin looking at all applicants after applications close in January 2021 so you will not hear from us over the Christmas New Year period.
We look forward to getting back to you in the new year.
To apply for this job go to:
http://hospicewestauckland.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Current-Opportunities & enter
ref code: 5324777.
Applications close 21 January 2021