Social Worker – Teaotahi, Whangarei
Full Time, Permanent
Job Ref: 32673
Our Social Workers say they work at Oranga Tamariki because they can make a positive difference in the lives of whanau and tamariki. Being keen advocates for tamariki they ensure children’s needs are identified and most importantly their voices are heard. Our social workers know that working in collaboration with partners and listening to our whanau is the key to long term wellbeing.
To be successful in this rewarding position, you will need:
• Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• Excellent verbal communication with the ability to build rapport with a wide range of people from varying backgrounds.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Demonstrated resilience, patience, adaptability and commitment to Oranga Tamariki values
• Awareness of Oranga Tamariki’s 8 Practice Principals and a commitment to integrating these into your practice together with learning all aspects of statutory responsibilities
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills
• A full, current, clean driver’s licence
About the opportunity for you:
You will be working with children and young people to ensure their experiences and wishes are heard. Our social workers use the latest assessment tools to identify the needs of tamariki and whanau and use consults to assist in determining appropriate pathways.
Understanding the impact of adverse life events on children will inform your communication and enhance your assessment analysis. You will also learn how to complete formal Family Court documents, refer to and participate in Family Group Conferences and partner with hapu and iwi and other stakeholders to get the best outcomes for our tamariki. Your ability to overcome barriers, influence and challenge is an absolute requirement for this varied, challenging and hugely rewarding career role.
We can offer you:
• A competitive market salary between $55,000 – $100,000
• A challenging, varied and rewarding career
• On-going training and regular supervision
• Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
• Access to generous Southern Cross health plan
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities, and we want you to come on this journey with us. Our vision is that New Zealand values the wellbeing of tamariki above all else. We believe that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can, and should flourish.
How to apply:
This role is only open to Oranga Tamariki employees; please apply through your myHR portal. Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
For further information please contact Claire Burnton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 3rd April 2020
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description below: