Social Worker – Tokoroa, South Waikato
Are you ready for your next exciting opportunity?
- Make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whanau
- Use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks
- Join a close, supportive and fun team who are passionate about their work
What’s in it for you?
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
- Flexible work opportunities
- A close-knit team who love to share kai and plan fun group activities
- Support to achieve your goals through tailored training and career development opportunities
- Annual practicing fee paid for
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
The role includes the following:
- Meeting with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard
- Assessing the safety and well-being of tamariki, rangatahi and whanau
- Planning social work activities to help safeguard children and young people
- Supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Working closely with stakeholders in the community, schools, Police, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Transitioning tamariki and rangatahi back to their whānau or into their forever home
- Advocating on behalf of children to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
Who is Oranga Tamariki?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma-informed, and effective for all cultures.
Our Tokoroa team is caring and supportive of each other. We love sharing home-cooked meals during monthly shared lunches, where we relax and have a bit of a laugh together. We watch out for each other’s well-being by reminding each other to take breaks and participating in healthy activities together. We are even thinking about entering the Tough Guy and Tough Girl challenges next year. You will be joining a team that doesn’t just talk about doing fun stuff – we DO it!
We want new members of our team to feel comfortable contributing ideas to keep our team healthy, and happy! Some of our favourite aspects of working in Tokoroa are the affordable housing costs, super low traffic, free parking and plenty of lush, green forest to soothe your soul.
What you will bring?
- A tertiary social work qualification
- Social work registration or working towards this
- A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and safety plans
- Good verbal and written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions with sound judgment skills
- A positive outlook and empathetic, supporting nature
- Experience with social services or agencies is a big plus
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally.
If you have any queries, please contact Sravani.Peddibhotla@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications close Thursday, 22 October 2020.
Please do not apply for this vacancy if you are not registered with the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB).
Instead please follow the below links to be considered accordingly:
- If you are a student studying social work or a social work graduate, please apply here>>
- If you are an experienced social worker who hasn’t registered or is waiting to hear back regarding their application for registration, please apply here>>
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description: