Social Worker – West Coast
- Full-time permanent role based at our Grey Base Hospital
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential and a background in Paediatrics would be beneficial
- Excellent assessment skills and passion for both hospital and community care
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strengthof one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time:
- Assisting patients through their care journey
- Assessments of patients to ensure that they are have correct supports in place
- Working across the spectrum of our patients from children and their family’s to older people
We are currently looking or a social worker to work alongside our small diverse team based in Greymouth. You will be working across our multi-disciplinary team to support people with their physical health and wellbeing in the acute hospital setting and the community. There will be the opportunity to further develop the service as we move into the new Hospital and Integrated Health Centre in 2020.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Excellent communication skills across all ages and stages
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to liaise with other health services and agencies
- Strong grief and loss counselling skills
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Apply online our careers website, or for any further information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!