Social Worker/Whānau Worker, West Auckland
Mana Whānau is an intensive in-home parenting support programme designed to keep children out of foster care.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced social worker or whānau worker, to join our successful innovative programme.
Lifewise is committed to preventing tamariki from entering or remaining in the foster care system by providing an intensive in-home support for whānau.
We offer whānau a dedicated worker to support them in their home to reduce immediate risks, reduce or remove stressors, and support to build parent capability.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced worker to be part of an exciting and rewarding journey working alongside whānau in their homes. You will be working with 1 to 2 whānau at any one time supporting positive change over the 6-month programme.
We use a whānau-led approach providing practical and emotional support, mentoring, coaching, resourcing, advocacy and skills-building to help whānau to grow their to capability to provide safe, nurturing care for their tamariki.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to make a difference using your skills creatively in a supportive environment.
- A full-time supervisor supporting each team of three Whānau Workers.
- To be part of a dedicated friendly team
- Competitive salary
- Being part of a wider values-based organisation.
Are you the person we are looking for?
- A passionate social worker or similar with equivalent experience in related fields.
- A team player with commitment to work with vulnerable whānau and tamariki.
- An ability to work culturally responsively and to demonstrate bi-cultural concepts in practice.
- Experience in raising tamariki/parenting and running a household.
- Flexibility to work hours that meet the needs of the whānau; this could include early mornings, evenings, weekends
- Empathy, patience and to deliver a empowering strengths-based approach
- A ‘can do’, ‘whatever it takes’ solutions focused attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Full driver’s license
- Computer literacy
For a Position Description email Jess at Jessh@lifewise.org.nz or call 09 818 0205
Apply with CV and cover letter to Jess Hale, Office Administrator by 5pm Friday 29th May.
Applications must be submitted via our organisation’s job portal: https://lifewise.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=98