Social Worker – Woodbourne
- Rare opportunity to make a profound difference
- Deliver a range of intervention strategies and case work
- Develop and maintain strong networks across NZDF
This opportunity is ready for you to make a huge difference in peoples’ lives.
What you will do
The purpose of the NZDF Social Work role is to deliver person and family centred military social work services that promote holistic wellness of NZDF members and their families. NZDF Social Workers work as members of NZDF integrated multi-disciplinary teams to support command with a workforce that is well and ready to respond. In this role you will deliver a range of intervention strategies and case work to meet these desired outcomes. You will maintain processes, protocols and systems that enable effective social work services in close collaboration with local command, the Director Integrated Wellness and the technical guidance of the NZDF Social Work Senior Technical Officer (STO).
What we need
You will need to be an NZ registered social worker with proven experience in case management including multi-disciplinary and inter disciplinary service delivery, providing advice and counsel, delivering crisis intervention and providing advice for senior personnel/managers as well as an understanding and administration of Government legislation, public policy and associated regulatory social work issues.
You have strong counselling and group facilitation skills and/or education/training skills including evaluation and continuous improvement. There is a strong focus on providing a safe environment for client contact with an emphasis of maintaining confidentiality and boundaries within this role. This focus is very important to you.
You are an excellent communicator with very strong interpersonal skills, more than happy to build and maintain strong networks across NZDF, offer guidance and support to Command and build community development.
Who we are
The delivery of social work services will be jointly supported by RNZAF Base Auckland and NZDF Wellbeing to achieve the outcomes of supporting and enhancing the wellbeing of NZDF personnel and their families in a strategic, holistic and integrated manner. The Integrated Wellness Programme (IWP) is a new strategic approach in NZDF, built around introduction of standards, consistent services, targeted resources, and quality local delivery with professional leadership from a central function.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with
- Great benefits for you and your family
- Full time ongoing work
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers
- 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities
- Flexible working environment and positive culture
- Opportunities for career development
- New team with green fields approach
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to apply online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page.
Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on 14 November 2019.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last ten years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last ten years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.