Social Worker, x5 National Contact Centre, Grey Lynn
Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a caring, supportive team who use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks at our site in these fixed-term and permanent Social Worker roles at the National Contact Centre.
What you will bring?
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) at time of application
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Commitment to getting things right for outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi
- The ability to have a systems/technical understanding of computer systems
- Proven high standard of decision making and written communication
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Current legal right to work in New Zealand
- Positive can do attitude
- Ability to work within a fast paced change environment and be resolution focused
- Sound judgement skills and organisational skills
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work assessments and calling notifiers around concerns
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
What you will do?
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Work alongside various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the child, young person and family
- Be involved in planning what social work, to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whanau,is required to be delivered for better outcomes
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
What’s on offer?
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
- Flexible work opportunities
- A great, respectful team environment who celebrate each other’s successes
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
- Full induction and training
- Coaching and development
- Once reaching optimum levels and knowledge of NCC work, the ability to be developed in other areas of the NCC and organisational roles
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
About the team
We are currently the only contact centre that provides a national service across Oranga Tamariki. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team who skills are developed at this national level.
The National contact centre creates the foundation of knowledge of the Ministry as a whole. It is proud to provide, across the organisation, highly skilled and developed social workers who are not only extremely practice focused but also have a wide breath of skills across technical systems used throughout the organisation.
We operate in a fast-paced busy environment, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. We focus on tamariki and rangatahi who are at significant risk of harm. We have the ability with our service to be highly flexible and responsive to needs across this national service. This means that the work that you do will not only be highly valuable to outcomes for children, but also has the ability to develop your skills across a wide variety of areas.
As a Contact Centre Social Worker, you will receive reports of concern and field enquires regarding child abuse, neglect and wellbeing. You will take calls and resolve issues over the phone and by email. You will also facilitate and manage after hours case work, in coordination with local sites and stakeholders across our national service.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee; please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any queries, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on email@example.com
Hurry as applications close Thursday, 22 October 2020.
Please do not apply for this vacancy if you are not registered with the Social Work Registration Board (SWRB). Instead please follow the below links to be considered accordingly:
- If you are a student studying social work or a social work graduate, please copy and paste the following link and apply here: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=34785&company=ministryofP&st=429319EDA83F55C02D6F1F2A71578B1674157946
- If you are an experienced social worker who hasn’t registered or is waiting to hear back regarding their application for registration, please copy and paste the following link and apply here: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=34786&company=ministryofP&st=46B9ED700ECE606853CB9B79672703587A506E2A
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/social-worker-position-description.pdf