Social Workers and Virtual Social Workers – Oranga Tamariki, West Coast
Social Workers – West Coast Site – Permanent
- Care Social Workers and Unborn/New Born Specific Social Workers needed
- Located in the stunning South Island, New Zealand
- We have opportunities to either work virtually or to be based on site full-time (relocation costs covered for those wishing to be on site full-time)
About us – Mō mātou
At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi.
We are currently seeking for Social Workers to support our West Coast site.
You will support across Westport and Greymouth either virtually or with a physical presence on site, as the need arises. Reporting to a Supervisor Social Worker we are looking for high performing Social Workers who are creative and innovative and who can quickly build local relationships across sites and communities with mutual trust and respect.
In this role, you will be flexible about your place of work and environment, delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services. Given the virtual nature of this role, applications are sought from across the Upper South, West Coast and Canterbury regions. If successful, your workplace location is negotiable with the anticipation of accommodating to your needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to work flexibly at varied locations to support Social Workers and sites to continually provide high quality social work practice.
We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model. You will be part of making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whānau by utilising the latest strength-based practice tools and assessment framework. By engaging with tamariki and developing, managing and delivering plans it will ensure their voices are heard.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role – Mō te tūnga
You will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their whanau, external agencies and communities to ensure a collaborative approach to improved outcomes.
This role requires a passion to actively work to keep tamariki at the centre of everything we do. It’s more than a job, it’s an opportunity to champion tamariki and their whanau with every decision you make.
What’s in it for you – Nōu te rourou:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between $56,100 – $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development and coaching
- A range of excellent benefits
- Relocation costs for applicants looking to relocate to the West Coast
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver’s licence
- Willingness to travel to site when needed
How to apply – Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV, cover letter and a copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Jo Benson at email@example.com.
Application closes Thursday, 11 March 2021.