Social Workers – Foster Care, Auckland
About the role
As a Social Worker in our Foster Care team, you will be involved with foster care recruitment and assessment across the wider Auckland region. This rewarding but challenging role supports foster care placements with a range of children, including some very complex backgrounds and needs requiring intensive placement support.
We have two roles available as permanent full time 40 hours per week.
Skill and Experience
To be successful in this role:
- You will be a qualified Social Worker – fully registered.
- You’ll have experience working with vulnerable children and their families using a social work case management framework, and be familiar with theory and practice around the impact of abuse and trauma.
- Excellent communication skills are key.
- You’ll also need resilience and flexibility, and the ability to build strong professional relationships with families and service providers.
- Ability to work flexible hours including On call
- An unrestricted New Zealand driver’s license is also required.
Benefits and perks
- Family friendly organisation
- Reduced cost childcare and other benefits
- Professional and supportive colleagues
- A commitment to ongoing Personal supervision
Barnardos is New Zealand’s leading children’s charity, doing more for Kiwi kids. Every year our services and people make a real and positive difference in the lives of thousands of children, young people and their families. Through our collective commitment, talents and efforts we are working hard to create an Aotearoa New Zealand where every child has the opportunity to, in their own unique way, shine bright.
In everything we do, we are guided by the core principles of Ngā Pou e Whā – our vision for working with Māori.
This is your chance to make a real and positive difference for Kiwi kids.
To view the position description visit https://www.barnardos.org.nz/work-for-us/
For more information contact email@example.com
Applications close 12 August 2020