Stop Smoking Practitioner, Westport
- Fixed-term role until mid 2022 working 24 hours per week with the team based in Westport
- Bring your passion for health and wellbeing and make a difference in the West Coast Community
- Experience with smoking cessation is advantageous
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time:
- Working to improve the health status of our West Coast community through the Stop Smoking Services programme.
- Engaging with a variety of external stakeholders such as Oranga Ha Partner Organistiaons, Maori Helath workies, local Runanga/Marae, Iwi/Hapu/Whanau Groups.
- Efficient and effective delivery of intensive stop smoking support services to individuals and groups
In this role you will be working alongside the wider public health team across the West Coast to implement and maintain the Stop Smoking Service Programme. The focus of this role will be within our community in Buller but will be working with a coast wide team. You will have a passion for health and wellbeing and improving the health outcomes for our communities with a focus on Māori, Pacifica, pregnant women and women of child bearing age and those with co-existing mental health disorders.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to build rapport with clients and their whānau, fostering trusted relationships with our client base
- Ability to work independently
- Being highly organised and adaptable and taking pride in your professional approach to your work
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience with smoking cessation, or other experience in motivating behaviour change will be an advantage
- Understanding of Tikanga and Te Reo Māori will be an advantage
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Apply online our careers website.
or for any further information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Closing date: 24 January 2021