Student Wellbeing Advisor (Behaviours of Concern)- Auckland/Palmerston North
Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Auckland/ Palmerston North
Students are at the heart of everything we do. In this newly created position you will contribute to supporting student wellbeing in order to deliver on the University wellbeing aims of promoting safe and healthy people, positive relationships and behaviours and developing wellbeing capacity.
As Advisor, Student Wellbeing you will be part of the Student Services team. This role will assist with the actions arising from the Behaviour of Concern process and other cases where concerns about individual students have been raised. You will be confident in behavioural threat assessment and management and in proactively working with staff and students to understand what their support needs are, and help them in managing behaviours of concern.
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- An appropriate undergraduate degree in Social Work or Psychology or equivalent experience
- Experience and understanding of the university sector and environment
- Experience in behavioural threat assessment and management
- Experience in the provision of high-quality case management
- High level skills in assessment, decision-making, communication and relationship management
If you are passionate about enabling student success through provision of high-quality support services and are ready to join us in making a difference – apply now!
To submit your application please copy the paste the following link into your browser to be redirected to the Massey careers site – https://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz/?jati=66991412-2AAA-4B67-87D3-AD71889141E6
Closing date: 23 July 2019
Reference number: ODVCO_SS_324_06/19
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz