Supervisor Caregiver Recruitment and Support – Oranga Tamariki, Timaru
Full-time, permanent role based in Timaru
Be part of a supportive team who are fully committed to achieving positive outcomes for tamariki, rangitahi, whānau and the community.
About us – Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role – Mō te tūnga
Managing a team of social workers, you will focus on supporting caregivers through every step of the caregiver journey from applications and assessments, to training and preparation as well as on-going support. You will uphold best practice and adhere to providing the best possible delivery of service that we pride ourselves on. You will be able to quickly work through complex information to support social workers to make safe and evidence-based decisions about caregiver’s assessments and support needs and provide advice that is trusted and valued by your team.
The Caregiver Recruitment and Support team is on a fast paced and exciting journey to build a service that will ensure caregivers are supported to provide the best possible care to tamariki. Having a passion for care, you will be a motivating and inspiring leader, able to prioritise and manage workflow demands, be skilled at managing HR situations as a first line manager as well as be able to develop your team’s capability and capacity through sound leadership and practice guidance.
About you – Mōu
We are looking for candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience as a social worker
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Sound statutory social work knowledge and practice
- Sound leadership experience
- Experience developing capability through coaching and mentoring
- Lead your team and engage with others in ways that help us navigate the future
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics such as honesty, courage, curiosity, resilience, self-awareness and agility
- Model desired organisational culture and values through own behaviour
- Strong relationship building experience across communities
- A current, full, clean New Zealand driver’s licence
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude to make a difference with the resilience and ability to work under pressure
- The ability to participate confidently and competently in situations that involve Mātauranga Māori and Te Reo Māori
- Have an understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in-depth knowledge in tikanga Maori, and Pacific peoples’ culture or a willingness to learn and grow your confidence in this area
- Show sensitivity to issues faced in the work of Oranga Tamariki
- Understands and applies a Māori Cultural Framework in their leadership style
- Strong understanding of the Oranga Tamariki commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi through Section 7AA of Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
In return, we offer:
- A competitive market salary
- A rewarding career where you will work in a value-based role truly making a difference
- On-going training and regular supervision
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
How to apply – Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday, 28 February 2021.