Supervisor Caregiver Recruitment and Support, Porirua
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children
- Permanent, full-time
- Based in Porirua
If you are an energetic leader who is looking to make a difference leading a team focused on supporting caregivers, then we want to hear from you.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do. Our caregivers are an important part of our team; as a Caregiver Supervisor you will lead a team that is focused on ensuring our caregivers are valued and supported.
You will manage a team of social workers focused on supporting caregivers through every step of the caregiver journey from application and assessment, to training and preparation, and on-going support.
You will uphold best practice and adhere to providing the best possible delivery of service that the Ministry prides itself on. You will be able to quickly work through complex information to support social workers to make safe and evidence-based decisions about caregiver assessments and support needs, recognising the diverse needs of tamariki Maori and whanau, and provide advice that is trusted and valued by your team.
The Caregiver Recruitment and Support team is on a fast paced and exciting journey to build a service that will ensure caregivers are supported to provide the best possible care to tamariki. You will have a passion for care, be a motivating and inspiring leader, be able to prioritise and manage workflow demands, be skilled at managing HR situations as a first line manager and be able to develop your teams capability and capacity through sound leadership and practice guidance.
To do well in this role you need the following:
- Significant experience as a social worker
- Full SWRB registration and current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- Sound statutory social work knowledge and practice
- Experience with people management with experience coaching and mentoring
- Strong relationship building experience across communities
- Current full clean New Zealand driver’s licence
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude to make a difference with the resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Strong cultural competency and be comfortable working in bi-cultural framework
In return we offer the following:
- A competitive market salary
- A rewarding career where you will work in a value-based role truly making a difference
- On-going training and regular supervision
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
How to apply
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants – including MSD employees please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday, 17 January 2021.