Supervisor, Greater Wellington Region
Job Ref: 28542
- Greater Wellington Region
- 1 position
- If you are an energetic and future focused leader who is looking for the next challenge in your career we want to hear from you
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry For Children is committed to putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do. Our caregivers are an important part of our team; as a Caregiver Recruitment and Support Supervisor you will lead a team that is focused on ensuring our caregivers are valued and supported.
You will manage a team of social workers focused on supporting caregivers through every step of the caregiver journey from application and assessment, to training and preparation, and on-going support.
You will uphold best practice and adhere to providing the best possible delivery of service that the Ministry prides itself on. You will be able to quickly work through complex information to support social workers to make safe and evidence based decisions about caregiver’s assessments and support needs, and provide advice that is trusted and valued by your team.
The caregiver recruitment and support team is on a fast paced and exciting journey to build a service that will ensure caregivers are supported to provide the best possible care to tamariki. You will have a passion for care, be a motivating and inspiring leader, be able to prioritise and manage workflow demands, be skilled at managing HR situations as a first line manager, and be able to develop your team’s capability and capacity through sound leadership and practice guidance.
To do well in this role you need:
- Significant experience as a social worker.
- Full SWRB registration and current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC).
- Sound statutory social work knowledge and practice.
- Experience with people management with experience coaching and mentoring.
- Strong relationship building experience across communities.
- Current full clean New Zealand driver licence.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- An aptitude to make a difference with the resilience and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong cultural competency and be comfortable working in bi-cultural framework.
- The right to work in New Zealand.
In return we offer:
- A competitive market salary.
- A rewarding career where you will work in a value based role truly making a difference.
- On-going training and regular supervision.
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice.
How to apply:
Please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter as part of your application.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Kerry Leggett, email@example.com
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work.
Applications close: 27 May 2019