Supervisor Social Worker, Care & Protection , Gore, Fixed-Term
- Fixed term position to cover parental leave through to July 2020.
- Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people?
- Promote the protection and well-being of tamariki and rangatahi.
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities, and we want you to join us.
We are looking for someone to lead a supportive team who are fully committed to achieving positive outcomes for young people, whānau and our community.
As a Supervisor at our Gore site you will manage and work in partnership with a team of experienced and competent social workers to protect tamariki and rangatahi. We are building strong relationships with our local community and you will be confident engaging with community partners to support our kaupapa.
There is lots of variety and challenge, with no two days being the same. You will have the ability to quickly work through complex information to make solid, safe decisions for our tamariki.
To be successful in this rewarding position, you will need:
- Full registration and current Annual Practising Certificate with the New Zealand Social Work Registration Board.
- Proven expertise in child protection and an understanding of New Zealand legislation that relates to the safety of children and young people.
- Excellent social work practice knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A full, clean driver licence.
- Previous leadership experience is preferred but not essential.
- Recent or current employment at Oranga Tamariki would be an advantage but not essential.
In return we offer:
- A competitive market salary.
- A rewarding position where you will work in a value based role which is truly making a difference.
- On-going training and regular supervision.
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Cathy Bennett at email@example.com.
How to apply:
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees – please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.
Applications close: 26 May 2019