Supervisor Social Worker, Care & Protection – Pukekohe
Job Ref: 21145
Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? Join a supportive team who has each other’s backs every step of the way by using the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks at our Pukekohe site where we have a great opportunity for an experienced Supervisor or Social Worker with recent and relevant acting up supervisor or similar experience.
What you will do?
- Provide quality supervision that grows the professional knowledge, capability and capacity of your team
- Mentor, coach and develop at least 5 Social Workers to help them reach their potential
- Help embed all practice tools for your team to make quality assessments
- Partner with and manage the workflow of the team to help them reach KPI’s
- Meet our sites needs as and when required
What you will bring?
- A tertiary social work qualification
- A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
- Registration with the Social Work Registration Board or able to register
- Strong knowledge and experience of what Oranga Tamariki does and how we work
- Previous people management and mentoring experience would be an advantage
- Resilience, initiative and a proactive approach
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
- Sound judgement, time management and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Cultural awareness and confidence to back yourself
- Knowledge of Te Reo would be a plus
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi in a statutory social work environment
- A positive outlook and supporting nature
What’s on offer?
- A salary range between $78,642 – $101,572
- Some flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
- A team who enjoy working hard and having fun
- A rewarding career where you will work in a values based role which is truly making a difference
- Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- Practical experience to coach and mentor staff
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
Our Pukekohe team are constantly raising the bar with the work they do together. Our site is located in one of the fasted growing areas in New Zealand. We value the hard work of our team members and acknowledge the commitment and passion it takes to be a member of the Oranga Tamariki team. Our Social Workers have a great opportunity to work in an area of social work that they enjoy or would like to get exposure in. The Pukekohe site has strong community connections with Pukekohe Tuakau and Waiuku areas and encourage creativity in engagement with whānau. Being a high Māori demography in Franklin, we are learning as much as we can about the culture and why it’s so important. Support will be given to those who want to develop or learn Te Reo along with any other relevant training to help you excel as a Social Worker.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terri Telford on email@example.com
Hurry as applications close on Wednesday 11th December.