Supervisor Social Worker, Oranga Tamariki, Alexandra
Our Central Otago site located in Alexandra, currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor Social Worker to join the team on a permanent basis.
In this role, you will be working in partnership with a team of Social Workers and other stakeholders including whanau and iwi. You will be part of a team who makes bold and courageous decisions to protect our tamariki and rangatahi.
As a Supervisor you will also uphold best practices and adhere to providing the best possible care and delivery of services. You will also need to portraystrong professional ethics and a holistic approach that is client-centred and strengths-based.
With well-developed leadership skills, you will be supporting the team to work creatively and constructively with our clients and stakeholders to address individual and social needs. Working through complex information to ensure trusted decisions are made will also be part of your responsibilities.
To be successful in this position, you will need to display a caring, friendly demeanour and be a real team player with an open-minded approach.
Are you a dynamic Practitioner who enjoys coaching and mentoring? If you are, we would like to hear from you!
What you will bring?
- A full recognised Registration and current Annual Practising Certificate
- Well established child protection Social Work knowledge and practices
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Strong conflict resolution skills
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications closes Wednesday, 16 June 2021.