Supervisor Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki, Taupō
Supervisor Social Worker – full-time, permanent – Taupō
- Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people?
- Promote the protection and wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi
- Join a team that considers themselves whānau
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures. Everything we do is underpinned by the principles of Mana Tamaiti, Whakapapa and Whakawhanaungatanga.
The Taupō site is located within the rohe (area) of Ngāti Tuwharetoa. At the centre of our region is sparkling Lake Taupō. Around the lake you will find every landscape imaginable, from snow-blanketed winter ski fields to the thundering Huka Falls. We are also home to the famous Tongariro crossing walk.
What you will do?
As a Supervisor at our Taupō site, you will manage and work in partnership with a team of social workers and other stakeholders to protect tamariki and rangatahi. There is lots of variety and challenge, with no two days being the same. You will have the ability to quickly work through complex information to make solid, safe decisions for our tamariki.
What you will bring?
- Full registration and current Annual Practising Certificate with the New Zealand Social Work Registration Board
- Proven expertise in child protection and an understanding of New Zealand legislation that relates to the safety of children and young people
- Excellent social work practice knowledge and an interest in children in care cases
- Previous people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A full, clean driver’s licence
What’s on offer?
- A salary range between $80,216 – $103,604
- Flexible work opportunities and full compensation for any overtime hours worked
- A great, supportive team environment who will welcome you with open arms
- A rewarding career where you will work in a values-based role which is truly making a difference
- Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- Practical experience to coach and mentor staff
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
What team you will work with?
The Taupō site is values-driven and we support each other professionally and personally. We enjoy doing things together such as lunch time walks, morning teas and lunches and even competing in the Taupō Iron Māori. Honesty and respect comes naturally in our team, it’s a big part of who we are and how we work as one.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on Sravani.email@example.com
Hurry as application close on Wednesday, 12 August 2020.