Team Leader – Family Works Resolution Services, Wellington
- Full time, permanent position
- Wellington Region
- Leading and promoting a key family support service in the community
Are you an efficient, focussed and results-driven individual looking for your next challenge? Do you have compassion and commitment to helping families and whānau to gain the help they need?
We are looking for a special person who can manage a call centre supporting a significant service, funded by the Ministry of Justice, that stretches across the lower North and South island – providing family mediation and out of court solutions for parents and carers needing help in making agreements for their children.
Family Works is part of Presbyterian Support Central. We provide a range of social services that support families whānau and children. Our aim is to make Aotearoa the best place in the world to grow up; a place where all children are safe, families are strong and communities are connected. We work in a way that focuses on strengths, positive outcomes and giving people the skills to resolve problems themselves.
About the role
This role is focussed on leading and managing the Family Works Resolution Service primarily looking after the call centre function and working with a wide range stakeholders to ensure that the service delivers an excellent standard of work. Service delivery that reflects policies processes and practice standards will be part of your key responsibilities.
With an increase in work across the organisation just around the corner, you will need to be personable, relational with a great eye for detail and able to manage the local team with real skill. Being target-driven and unafraid to jump in and help when needed will be important as will having a calm and responsive nature and being able to work with the team in responding to the range of needs that the service generates. Your approach to team management will be determined and supportive to ensure delivery of the work required.
You will also be technologically inclined, including in databases and financial systems with minimal training.
Being an accredited mediator is an advantage but not required. A strong understanding and passion for service is essential.
Skills and Experience
- Hold a level 6/diploma level or higher qualification in counselling, social work and/or psychology or related human service area.
- Be an experienced Team Leader in a relevant / related context where the provision of services to the public is a central component (minimum of 2 years experience)
- Have demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Have some demonstrated knowledge of social and clinical issues relating to children, families and whānau
- Proven business planning and budgeting skills
- of social service providers
- Good knowledge and experience of managing work flow, business systems and processes.
- Police vetting is required for this role.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please follow the link here>> to submit your CV, cover letter, and completed application form.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Nici, Resolution Services Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9am, 15 October 2019. Interviews are being held on Thursday October 24th.
All candidates will be notified on the outcome of the application one week following the close date.