Māori Social Worker (0.8 FTE) – Wellington Region
Newtown Union Health Service is an innovative primary health care service providing quality comprehensive healthcare for people on low incomes in the South and Eastern Suburbs of Wellington. The service has particular expertise in providing primary care to people from diverse cultural backgrounds many with high and complex needs.
We are seeking a 32 hours per week Māori Social Worker to join our multidisciplinary team of nurses, GP’s and allied health professionals on a fixed-term basis until 28 February 2020. The position is likely to be on-going past this date subject to ongoing funding for the position being received
It is essential that applicants have a respect, understanding and commitment to Maori culture and values.
The overall purpose of the position is to support Māori whānau of NUHS by:
- Provision of a social work service to Māori individuals and whānau referred through the multidisciplinary teams at NUHS, or self-referred
- Improving health outcomes for whānau members including health education and promotion
- Assisting in the development of Māori participation in their health and well-being
- Working with Māori to access services that address health and social needs
- Advocating for the health needs of Māori
The key skills required for this role include:
- A formal social work qualification
- Experience in working around issues of child protection, domestic violence and mental health
- Current, full registration of the SWRB or working towards
- Membership of ANZASW or working towards
For further information and a copy of the Application form and Position Description please contact Shelley Turner on firstname.lastname@example.org
or 04 380 2020
Applications close 5pm on 12 December 2018.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.