Senior Practitioner (Social Work) – 28 Hours per Week, Papamoa
Papamoa Family Services is a community social service agency that provides a range of strengths-based child and family services in the Papamoa region. Our primary goal is to assist people to take positive action in their lives by providing expertise, support, resources and planned intervention.
We are looking for a senior Social Worker, who is an experienced senior practitioner, to join our team at our Family Support Service. You will be responsible for developing relationships with clients, providing comprehensive Social Work support, providing one off interventions as required, facilitating group and/or individual programmes alongside whanau, and working collaboratively with other external agencies.
The person we are looking for will ideally be extensively experienced in working with the issues that families are facing – parenting support, family violence, low self-esteem, relationship difficulties, stress etc and have an understanding and experience of working from strengths based, client focussed practice models. In addition, this role requires a person who is experienced in providing leadership of practice with colleagues in a team environment and programme facilitation.
This part time role of 28 hours a week (4 days) is based in Papamoa and reports to the Papamoa Family Service Practice Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Qualified Social Worker with current NZ registration
- Proven experience of leading a multidisciplinary team of practitioners
- Family violence or trauma informed work within her/his scope of practice
- Experience with group and programme facilitation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, sound computer literacy skills
- Ability to identify and understand the needs of our communities
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Experience working in a bicultural and/or multi-cultural context
- Able to champion the special character of Anglican Care Waiapu
The successful candidate will have strong professional ethics, a commitment to excellent social work practice and a drive to make a difference to the families and community in our region. If this sounds like you – we want to hear from you!
For Position Description and Application form email Practice Manager,
Janice Belgrave: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm, Friday 26 April 2019.
Interviews will be held on Monday 6 May
The successful applicant shall be required to complete and pass a New Zealand Police Vetting as part of The Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.