Social Worker – 32 hours per week – Waikato
Hospice Waikato – Family Services
Hospice Waikato is an organisation focused on leading the way in the growing specialist field of community palliative care. We are totally committed to providing patient focused, highly professional care, for Waikato people living with life limiting or life-threatening illnesses and for those who support them.
• Recognises people and the difference they make
• Is committed to developing its people to the highest professional skill level
• Understands the value of emotional support for all
• Delivers its services with a multidisciplinary focus
• Is committed to being the best in its field
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Worker to join our team on a permanent part-time basis, 32 hours per week. This role will involve working alongside other professionals to provide specialist palliative care and psychosocial support to patients, their family/whanau/carers. As a member of the Family Services Team, you will be integral in the provision of patient and family/whanau/carer focused care. You will be committed to the on-going development of your social work and palliative care knowledge and understanding. You will contribute to the collective growth and development of the Family Services team at Hospice Waikato.
To be the right person for this role and our organisation you would bring:
• Tertiary Qualification in Social Work with own Code of Ethics
• Registration with ANZASW
• A minimum of three years experience in psychosocial care in a healthcare setting
• Experience of working with people and families living with life limiting conditions and/or other significant life challenges.
• Knowledge of palliative care and Hospice philosophy
• A passion for supporting palliative patients, their family/whānau and caregivers
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Proven success in providing support for team members both on an individual and group basis
• Emotional maturity and resilience
• Current full New Zealand driver’s licence
• Post graduate qualification in Palliative Care or willing to study towards
If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing immediately.
A copy of the position description can be found on the vacancies page of our website http://www.hospicewaikato.org.nz/
The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment health screening (including drug testing) and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check, the results of which must be to Hospice Waikato’s satisfaction.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid work visa.