Social Worker – Auckland
Did you get into social work with the goal of improving the lives of vulnerable children? Then you’ll want to make the most of this opportunity.
- Be involved early on and become a positive influence along their journey
- Full-time, fixed-term role (to December 2019)
- Qualified and experienced Social Worker
If you’ve been looking for a rewarding social work role with a focus on children, then you’ve found it.
In this role you will:
- work in a school setting with vulnerable children and teens, and their whanau
- provide early intervention and preventative social work services using our strengths-based, multi-systemic approach
- encourage positive and lasting change
- Be a role model
- work with a caseload of families
- facilitate some programmes each year
- be committed to working with Tangata Whenua and have a working knowledge of Tikanga Maori.
The difference with this role is that you’ll become involved early on. You’ll work alongside the young people as they grow, and be a long-term positive influence.
You will need the following:
- A recognised social work degree
- To either be registered or eligible for registration with the Social Workers Registration Board
- A reliable vehicle and a full clean driver’s licence
However it’s a role that will suit a range of career stages. Perhaps you’re a recent graduate keen to specialise in family work. Or you might be further along in your career, but wanting to focus on this area. Or maybe your own life experiences have given you a perspective that will enhance your work. The most important thing you can bring is the genuine, heartfelt desire to help families build a positive future together.
In return for your skills, your knowledge, and your passion for your work, you’ll find plenty of team support, as well as opportunities for mentoring and development.
Family Works is part of Presbyterian Support. We’re a values-led organisation with a long history of providing community support services. Everything we do focuses on creating a ‘better life for everyone’. We partner with others to provide advocacy and trusted services to our clients. We’re also driven by compassion and respect for others, and we respect the Treaty of Waitangi.
For a detailed role profile, email us at email@example.com