Social Worker – Community and Rural, Waikato
Where you’ll be working: Community Social Work, Gallagher Drive, Hamilton
The details: Permanent – 32 hours per week (0.8 FTE)
About the role:
Are you able to demonstrate that you work from a non-judgemental approach using client centred and solution focussed strategies?
We currently have a vacancy to join our Community Social Work Team working in inpatient and community settings. This is a 5 day/week service with hours between 8am – 4.30pm.
This role would involve using skills to support working in a variety of settings, both in the community and rural hospitals.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A full NZ driver’s license
- Social work qualification and registration (or provisional) with the Social Work Registration Board
- 3 years or more experience working in the area of health and disability
- Excellent assessment and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Work effectively within a team
- Ability to work effectively with Maori whanau and apply the Treaty of Waitangi principles to practice. Able to establish relationships with local iwi and Maori interest groups.
- Able to work with a diverse population with a wide range of ethnicities
- A flexible approach to working within the WDHB system and the community using lateral thinking.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Waikato District Health Board:
The Waikato District Health Board is one of the largest of 20 DHB’s in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and who have and who share our values to apply, and would greatly value seeing more applicants from the Maori community.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Taylor Spence in the Recruitment Team, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 27 May 2020
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect – Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga