Social Worker, Hamilton, Waikato Rural North
Job ID: 27095
- Make a difference for children, families and communities
- Empower children and young people to achieve their full potential
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children we’re on a journey to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities. Oranga Tamariki is leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for Māori as well as other cultures.
We currently have a permanent opportunity available at our Waikato Rural North site based in Hamilton. The picturesque Waikato countryside is home to tree-lined paddocks and a meandering river making this the heartland of New Zealand. It’s a great spot in New Zealand to relax, work and live.
As a Social Worker you will have an opportunity to change the lives of our young people and their whānau, helping them to achieve to their full potential. Using the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks; you will work hard to get quality outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
A big part of your day will be:
- Meeting with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard.
- Completing assessments and creating plans.
- Participating in family group conferences.
- Partnering with other agencies and the community to find the best outcomes for everyone.
We can offer:
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career.
- A salary range between $54,746.80 – $91,606.
- On-going support and career development.
- Discounts on Southern Cross Health Insurance.
- Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates.
What we are looking for from you is:
- A social work qualification that is recognised by the SWRB or full SWRB registration and a current APC.
- The ability to listen – hear what the child or young person has to say.
- Cultural awareness and understanding.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Resilience, motivation and be self-driven.
- Flexibility to work an after-hours duty roster.
- Strong computer literacy.
- A full, clean and valid New Zealand driver’s licence.
Applications close: 14 January 2019.
How to apply:
Please apply using the “apply now” button. Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
Current Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure your myHR employee profile is recognised as ‘internal’.
For any further discussion about the role, contact Ruchele Bennett on email@example.com