Social Worker, Te Whare Rokiroki Māori Women’s Refuge – Wellington
Te Whare Rokiroki Māori Women’s Refuge is looking for a Social Worker
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and is permanent
You will be based in our community office at 264 Cuba Street, Wellington.
Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience you can expect a pay rate of between $43,000 ($21 per hour) and $60,000 ($28 per hour)
Te Whare Rokiroki is dedicated to providing effective intervention and prevention services for Maori women and children who are affected by domestic violence in the Wellington area.
This position involves advocacy and support for Maori women and children who experience domestic violence by walking alongside and empowering clients to make safe decisions for themselves, their whanau and their future. We provide a safe place to stay and also support women and children to stay in the community. We operate a community office and a 24 hour crisis line assisted by a roster of volunteers responding to the crisis line outside of working hours.
The successful applicant will have a:
- Social Work degree
- Full drivers licence
- Able to pass a Police vetting process under the Vulnerable Children’s Act
- Ideally, but not essential, experience working with whanau who have experience domestic violence or a desire to work in this sector
In return Te Whare Rokiroki offers:
- 9am to 5pm 40 hour week
- In addition to 4 weeks annual leave 2 weeks wellness leave
- A supportive professional development process/ which includes paying for social worker registration
- External Supervision monthly
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For further information please contact:
Ange Chaney, Kaiwhakahaere
on: Ph: (04) 8015384 or