Social Worker, Wellington
The primary objective of this role is to provide early intervention social work and support for families with young children living in the Wellington region. This position involves some home visits, so the successful applicant must have a full, clean driver’s licence and complies with the Children’s Worker Safety Checking under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014.
We require a person with:
• A social work qualification, recognised by SWRB
• Registration or working towards registration with SWRB and be a fully practicing member of ANZASW
• Demonstrated social work capability, ideally with experience in the families’ area
• Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Demonstrated experience in managing challenging people situations
• Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with community agencies
• A demonstrated understanding of working within the context of a faith-based NGO
• Experience in working with people from differing socio-economic backgrounds, cultures and ethnicity
• Competent with Microsoft Office applications and have excellent report writing and written communication skills.
This position is full-time, working 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Contact Isapella Duffy email@example.com for job description & application form
Applications close Friday 29th March, 2019