Social Worker, Women’s Health, Auckland DHB
- Permanent full-time (40 hours / week)
- Auckland Hospital, based at Grafton location with periodic travel to outpatient clinics and community locations within the ADHB catchment area
- Great team environment and work culture
- Continuous improvement and development opportunities
E ngā whānau whānui, ngā kārangaranga tangata, nau mai haere mai.
Te Toka Tumai, Auckland District Health Board have an excellent opportunity available for an experienced social worker to join our Women’s Health social work team.
The ADHB Women’s Health social work team aims to provide a comprehensive and holistic service to women and their families across a variety of inpatient, outpatient and community settings. We are currently looking for a Registered Social Worker to join our motivated and compassionate team. This is a dynamic role that will require flexibility across a range of women’s health areas, including maternity, gynaecology, neonatal intensive care, pregnancy loss and pregnancy decision making counselling.
You will enjoy contributing to and being a member of a supportive, energetic department with a commitment to excellence in service delivery.
Working from a trauma-informed, relationship-based practice approach, you will have the opportunity to sensitively assess a broad range of complex social situations and foster positive engagement with people from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds. You will work together with your clients to strengthen their broader health and well-being.
Your strengths in multi-agency and inter-agency collaboration and advocacy will support you to navigate complex dynamics as you hold the needs and best interests of the patient and whānau in view. A passion for helping to create a safe space for tangata whenua and tauiwi within the women’s health context is welcomed.
You will be provided with regular supervision and continuing professional development to enhance your capacity to engage in effective social work practice. You will receive routine and regular support from the Practice Supervisor, Clinical Lead and Professional Leader to achieve excellence in practice.
- A recognised Social Work qualification
- An understanding of Tikanga Māori
- Evidence of registration with the New Zealand Social Worker’s Registration Board (includes provisional registration)
- Experience in health social work, grief and loss, child protection and family violence intervention
- Advanced communication skills
- Strong cultural knowledge; capacity to work effectively alongside our diverse communities
- Strong working knowledge of the Vulnerable Children’s Act and Children’s Action Plan
- A full, clean class 1 driver’s licence
Please note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the role and to the competencies listed in the position description.
To view a copy of the position description, please click here>>
Your questions or discussions are welcomed. To find out more about this role, please feel free to contact acting Social Work Acting Clinical Lead, Sashnee Naidoo on 021540421.
For assistance with your online application, please contact Vickie Shakur, VickieS@adhb.govt.nz
To submit your application, please click on the Apply button below or visit our website www.careers.adhb.govt.nz and enter job number AUC03048
Application closing date: Wednesday 27 March 2019
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.