Social Workers – Shine, North Shore
Bring your social service experience to our professional, supportive and creative organisation on a mission to stop domestic abuse in New Zealand.
- Leading NZ not-for-profit organisation
- North Shore location, two roles (part-time and full-time)
- Committed, professional and supportive team environment
Here at Shine we provide a range of effective, practical and innovative services that help thousands of adults and children affected by domestic abuse every year. We help both directly and indirectly through our frontline services and our professional training programmes.
We are looking for two Social Workers on Auckland’s North Shore, who have specialist knowledge of intimate partner violence and family violence to provide advocacy and support to these individuals and families. You will use a multi-skilled and community-connected approach to provide resources and information to women and children.
This isn’t your everyday job, so you will need to have the following:
- A Social Work degree
- An understanding of the causes and dynamics of intimate partner violence with clear gender analysis
- Working understanding of statutory requirements of Oranga Tamariki and the New Zealand Police
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Commitment to developing and maintaining networks in the community
- Knowledge of legal and social systems and community resources and how to use them
- Skills with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and a willingness to develop experience in other applications
- Current or recent accreditation to run MOJ programs or be eligible to become accredited.
We have one full-time and one part-time (20 hours per week) role available. One role will be covering parental leave so will be for a fixed-term. We are open to looking at a mix of hours that will allow us to provide an effective service,ie: potentially part-time maternity cover and a full-time permanent position, or another combination that will work for our business needs.
Flexibility around days and hours is required and you will need to have flexibility to work between 7am – 7pm Monday to Saturday (rostered in advance).
Shine requires a commitment to living a violence free lifestyle, personally and professionally.
So, if you have the skills and experience to provide a high-quality service to those affected by domestic abuse please APPLY NOW! Apply here>>