Webinar: Glynnis Brook: Elder Abuse
For members who were unable to attend the Webinar “Elder Abuse” by Glynnis Brook, you are able to view a recording which at this stage is still available.
To view/listen to the webinar is a two stage process:
- To hear the audio please contact National Office for availability
- To view the prezi powerpoint presentation click here
- Current research and the relationship between social work knowledge, elder abuse and practice
- Definitions and critiques of Elder Abuse and the impact that these have on practice
- Context of Elder Abuse
- Complexity of Elder Abuse
- Strands of theory in the literature
- Relationship between elder abuse and the construction of knowledge
- How do social work practitioners in Aotearoa New Zealand make sense of and respond to elder abuse?
- Three emerging models
- Theory vs practice